The purpose of spring goalie sessions is for novice goaltenders to focus on basic goaltending skills. The most critical skills for novice goaltenders include being strong skaters and understanding fundamental technical movements, which will be covered in our five development pillars.
The five development pillars for novice goaltenders are:
- Balance and Agility
- Moving Skills
- Save Selection
- Basic Puck Control
We want all of our novice goaltenders to have a lot of fun on the ice as we hope that they will fall in love with this unique position and eventually become part of the goalie community.
Location: Tuesdays @4pm at Capital Hyundai Arena
Date: March 19th - April 30th, 2024 (7 Weeks)
Size of group: max 12 goaltenders
Benefits of the spring goalie program
- Learn fundamentals of goaltending
- Excel at the five development pillars for novice goalies
- Be in a positive goalie-specific environment
- Low instructor-to-goalie ratio (1 instructor to 1.5 goalies)
- Experienced goalie instructors
- Each station has its own goalie instructor for direct feedback
- Receive video feedback
- Make up sessions available
We are aware that it can be challenging to attend every single spring goalie session. Therefore, we offer up to two (2) make up sessions. If you have to miss a goalie session, please contact us at least 24 hours before the goalie session and we will arrange a make-up session in the following weeks.
Please contact us with questions or for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org