The purpose of goalie sessions for U11 goaltenders is to continually be working on all of the fundamentals. Repetition of basic movements develops muscle memory, which is extremely important for this age group.
The main focus areas for the U11 group will be understanding their crease management as a lot of goaltenders play too deep in the net. There will also be a focus on the activation of their hands to prevent high shot goals as well as being patient and staying on their feet as long as possible, which will allow them to select the proper save on low/high shots and also on breakaways.
Sessions will also cover many more themes as the goaltending position is constantly evolving.
Location: Sunday @8am in Capital Hyundai Arena
Dates: Oct. 2nd to Dec. 4th ,2022 (10 Weeks)
Size of group: max 12 goaltenders with minimum of 6 goalie coaches on the ice. - Additional shooters if required for drills.
Benefits of the goalie program
- Develop muscle memory of fundamental movements
- Main Focus Areas: Depth, Active hands, Patience, Proper Positioning, etc.
- Be in a positive goalie environment
- Low student-to-goalie ratio (1 instructor per 2 goalies)
- Experienced goalie instructors
- Each station has its own goalie instructor for direct feedback
- Video coach and video feedback
- Make up sessions
We are aware that it can be challenging to attend every single goalie session. Therefore, we offer up to three (3) make up sessions. If you have to miss a goalie session, please contact us at least 24 hours before the goalie session and we will arrange a make-up session in the following weeks.
Please contact us with questions or for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org