Shield Goaltending’s summer goalie camp from Aug. 5th to Aug. 9th, 2024 will be focused on new skill development and the repetition of basic movements after the start of summer break. Early summer camps are a great opportunity for a goaltender to practice fundamental skating movements, selection of saves and techniques.
We strongly recommend every goaltender start the summer with a goalie camp as it will help them start the new season with good habits and eliminate the development of any bad habits after a couple of months of not being on the ice.
We want our goaltenders leaving this camp feeling excited about being back on the ice and feeling comfortable with their fundamental goalie movements again as it will help them start the new season successfully.
Dates: August 5-9, 2024
Location: Capital Hyundai Arena
- 10 hours on ice sessions
- 4 hours of edge work/puck handling session
- 5 hours off-ice activities
- Resume and strengthen good habits after the start of summer break
- Each station has its own goalie instructor for direct feedback
- Be in a positive goalie-specific environment
- Low instructor-to-goalie ratio (1 instructor per 2 goalies)
- Video coach with video feedback
- Experienced goalie instructors and Midget-level shooters
- Meet and learn from special hosts
Every participant will receive a present at the first Summer Shield Camp they attend.
- On-ice training will be developed based on the age of goaltenders as each age group requires a different development of skills.
- Special Hosts will attend on-ice sessions through the week (QMJHL, Team Canada or NHL prospects).
Video Recording and Feedback
Shield Goaltending will record video of the goalies executing drills. We will review content with goalies immediately after and email feedback following the session.
- Goalie Classrooms: goalie video analysis
- Presentations: mental game, hydration, life skills & etc.
- Off-ice training
Off-ice training will be coordinated by certificated instructor and will be designed for goaltenders, which will include goalie-specific workouts and injury prevention exercises/stretches.
Please contact us with questions or for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org