The purpose of goalie sessions for U13 goaltenders is to ensure all of the goaltending fundamentals are strong as this group will start being introduced to more complex techniques and game situation drills.
The main focus area for the U13 group will be focused on puck tracking as it enhances goaltenders positioning and forces them watch the puck all the way into their space. Tracking ensures better rebound control into and away from the body. It will help goaltenders have enough time to react on rebounds and make additional controlled saves.
Sessions will also cover many more themes as the goaltending position is constantly evolving.
Time: Sundays, @9am in Capital Hyundai Arena
Date: January 8th to March 12th, 2023 (10 Weeks)
Size of group: max 12 goaltenders with minimum of 6 goalie coaches on the ice and one video coach. - Additional shooters if required for drills.
Benefits of the goalie program
- Learn goaltending techniques and understand a selection of saves.
- Main Focus Areas: Tracking, Positioning, Rebound Control, etc.
- Be in a positive goalie environment
- Instructor-to-goalie ratio (1 instructor per 2 goalies)
- Experienced goalie instructors
- Each station has its own goalie instructor for direct feedback
- Video coach and video feedback
- Make up sessions
We are aware that it can be challenging to attend every single goalie session. Therefore, we offer up to two (2) make up sessions. If you have to miss a goalie session, please contact us at least 24 hours before the goalie session and we will arrange a make-up session in the following weeks.
Please contact us with questions or for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org