Shield Goaltending, in collaboration with Xtreme Hockey, will deliver a half-day goalie and player camp; which will include two hours of on-ice instruction and two hours of off-ice activities.
The layout of the camp is very unique as Shield goaltenders will spend the first 60 minutes working on goaltending techniques, save selection and goalie-specific skating. For the remainder of the session, goaltenders will be incorporated into goalie-player drills that are developed by Shield Goaltending and Xtreme Hockey. As goaltenders get shots from players, goalie instructors will provide direct feedback to the goalies.
This camp will only allow six goaltenders per age group with a very low instructor-to-goalie ratio. The main focus area of the camp will be on using the proper Pre-Save ➡️ Save-Selection ➡️ Post-Save habits to keep developing good habits and be ready for the upcoming season.
Dates: Aug. 7-11, 2022
Location: Capital Hyundai Arena
- Low instructor-to-goalie ratio (1 instructor per 2 goalies)
- Be in a positive goalie-specific environment
- Get shots from players
- Direct feedback from experienced goalie instructors
- Develop and strengthen good habits
- Automatize movements through repetitional drills
- Improve your skating abilities through creative and fun skating drills
Every participant will receive a present at the first Summer Shield Camp they attend.
Please contact us with questions or for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org