Shield Goaltending’s summer half day goalie camp from Aug. 29th to Sep. 2nd, 2022 will be a high intensity camp designed to push goalies to reach their full potential and tune up their skills before upcoming tryouts.
The camp will focus on skating, depth and positioning, tracking and save selections for reacting to various game situations. Our drills will be designed to challenge each individual goaltender, providing progression-based drills that will cater to each goalie’s skill-level and will fine tune skills before tryouts.
We want every goaltender to leave the camp with new skills, good habits, increased confidence and with a big smile as we want everyone to have fun through our camps.
Dates: Aug. 29th to Sep. 2nd, 2022
Location: Jack Byrne Arena
- 10 hours on ice sessions
- 10 hours off-ice activities
- Each station has its own goalie instructor for direct feedback
- Be in a positive goalie-specific environment
- Low instructor-to-goalie ratio (1 instructor per 2 goalies)
- Experienced goalie instructors and Midget-level shooters
- Video coach with video feedback
- Start each day with goalie classrooms
- Meet and learn from special hosts
Every participant will receive a present at the first Summer Shield Camp they attend.
- The start of each session will include a 10-minute goalie classroom on the theme of the day.
- On-ice training will be developed based on the age of goaltenders as each age group requires a different development of skills.
- Special Hosts will attend on-ice sessions through the week (QMJHL, Team Canada or NHL prospects).
Video Recording and Feedback
Shield Goaltending will record video of the goalies executing drills. We will review content with goalies immediately and will email feedback following the session.
- Goalie Classrooms: goalie video analysis
- Presentations: mental game, hydration, life skills & etc.
- Off-ice training
Off-ice training will be coordinated by certificated instructor and will be designed for goaltenders, which will include goalie-specific workouts and injury prevention exercises/stretches.
Please contact us with questions or for more details at email@example.com